Today's show is for dads who are either new(ish) to fitness or are just getting back into it after a long layoff.
It's easy to get caught up in all the fitness hype online and there is more information available now more than ever. It's confusing, overwhelming and it's hard to know what is truth and what is bullshit.
I believe getting fit and healthy is relatively simple and the more complicated we make things, the less likely we'll be to stick with it. So here are 10 things that I see a lot in fitness newbies and they are hurting or killing your progress.
- Not having a strong "why" or a specific goal.
- Doing only cardio because you think it's the best way to burn fat.
- Following random social media workouts hoping it'll work.
- Not focusing on quality AND quantity of your foods.
- Not being consistent with healthy habits and not having patience.
- Training like you're still 22.
- Believing everything you hear or read online. Take it all with a grain of salt, even what I'm saying right now!
- Having false expectations about your results.
- Not focusing on the basics of good health and fitness and looking for shortcuts.
- Using excuses and procrastinating.
Listen to why I chose these 10 things and what you can do to fix them and start getting those results you desperately want!