Since launching my 90 day fat loss and transformation program, The Fit Dad Blueprint, over year ago, I've gotten a lot of questions.
And it seems that many of you don't really understand what it is or how it works and there is quite a lot of information, so I'm going to answer some of the most common questions right now.
I mean, I wouldn't join a program if I didn't really understand it, so I can't expect you to either.
What exactly is the Fit Dad Blueprint?
This program is a 90 day workout and diet plan that lays out everything you need to do in order to shed upwards of 10 pounds of ugly body fat, add lean muscle, skyrocket your energy and metabolism, and help you get your confidence back.
There are a total of 7 modules (including the bonus module on hormone optimization) and each comes with a video lesson, PDF guides to follow, and worksheets to help you along the way. You'll also get a full strength and conditioning workout program to follow, including video demonstrations for every exercise (to make sure your form is good). You'll also be given a meal plan to follow, a complete shopping list that will assure you stick to the right foods, and some of my favorite recipes to use.
What are the modules?
In all, there are 7 modules that will each walk you through a very important aspect of getting and staying fit.
Your "Getting Started" Guide is your 90 day workout program. You'll be given specific strength and conditioning workouts to follow, along with sets, reps, rest, etc. and depending on where your current fitness level is, will determine which program you start off with.
If you're new to fitness or maybe it's been a while, you can start in the Beginner program. Just keep in mind that this program is far from easy and will challenge you like you haven't been in a loooong time. But that's a good thing, right?!?
For those of you who are currently exercising or are used to training, you'll start in the Intermediate program.
In either case, you'll get ass kicking workouts to follow and video instruction for every exercise.
The 7 modules are as follows:
1) Why Your Numbers Are Critical:
This video and PDF guide will help you understand why knowing your body fat percentage and lean body mass (LBM) are critical to your long-term success and why the BMI is a terrible tool to use to gauge your health. You'll learn how to accurately calculate these numbers and how to track them on an ongoing basis.
You'll also learn what to do if:
- Your LBM and body fat aren't changing
- Your LBM stays the same but your body fat increases
- Your LBM increases along with your body fat
- Your LBM increases but body fat stays the same
You'll know how (and why) to take circumference measurements and the 6 best ways to track your progress.
2) Strategic Eating For Fat Loss, Muscle Mass, and Longevity:
This is the bread and butter of this program and where you'll learn how to eat in a way that will allow you to shed body while keeping your muscle and living a longer and better quality of life.
Since 75-80% of your results come from what you put into your body, this lesson is extremely important to your success.
- What formula to use to determine how many calories your body needs to shed body fat (based on your specifics) and why most metrics are wrong.
- Why eating a Primal based diet is optimum for fat loss and how simple it can be.
- Which foods to eat and which to avoid. All the guesswork is taken out of it.
- Some of my favorite "tricks" that I use to keep me focused on proper nutrition.
- How I've managed to keep my body fat in the low teens for my entire adult life (I'm 45 now!) and the nutrition strategies I use every day.
You'll also be able to download and print a full Primal grocery list, so you know exactly what to buy at the store. And if it's not on the list, don't eat it! I've also added a few of my favorite homemade Primal recipes for you to try..
3) Building Muscle Where It Counts:
This module is where you'll come to understand why is absolutely essential that you use progressive strength training if you ever want to get lean and fit.
- The many benefits of strength training.
- What the #1 thing for boosting your metabolism is (it's not diet).
- Which types of exercises are most effective for fat loss and muscle building.
- How and why to warm up before every workout. There is a full video warm up to watch as well.
- How and why to foam roll (with a video demo).
4) Fat Melting Moves:
This module will teach you about:
- The benefits of conditioning workouts and how to properly structure them.
- The different types of effective conditioning workouts.
- What EPOC is and why it's so important.
- The different variables in your workouts and how to modify adjust them to make them easier or harder.
- How to know if you're overtraining and what to do about it if you are.
5) How To Crush It Long-Term:
This module is all about habits. Your habits will make or break your success not just in the gym, but in life. It's critical you understand how they affect your day to day progress and even more importantly, how to create new and better habits while dropping the old ones.
You'll learn some of the sneakiest bad habits that may be sabotaging your progress as well as some of the simplest, yet most effective habits that you can incorporate into your life immediately.
You'll learn the 4 keys to creating lasting habits, why willpower is so important and why isn't not always there when you need it.
And one of the most important takeaways is why designating time for YOU is not selfish, but rather vital for your success and happiness.
6) The Counterintuitive Growth Secret:
Here is where you'll learn:
- Why resting is such an important part of your fitness plan.
- What happens when you aren't resting enough (and how to know when you aren't).
- What active recovery is and how to use it most effectively.
- Why your sleeping habits may be keeping you fat.
- Why stress can not only kill your progress but also possible kill you!
- 15 tips on minimizing your stress and keeping you healthy (and sane).
7) Hormone Optimization Plan (Bonus Module):
As we get older and into our mid-thirties and beyond, our bodies start to change. And one of the biggest changes is our declining levels of testosterone.
Testosterone is responsible for many things, but it has a huge impact on our fitness levels and when ours is low, we notice a few things:
- We have a harder time losing body fay (especially belly fat)
- We have a harder time gaining lean muscle mass
- Our energy drops
- Our sex drive drops
- We can become moody and even depressed
This module is all about bringing your testosterone levels back up and doing it naturally. No drugs, supplements, or tricks. You'll learn what foods to eat, what type of exercises are best, and what the key factors are in increasing your testosterone.
You'll also learn how a hormone imbalance can cause things like man boobs and how to rid your body of a surplus of the hormone estrogen.
What happens when I sign up?
After you become a member (there is a one-time payment for lifetime access to all content and future updates), you'll be taken to the membership portal where you'll create your log in.
You'll then use this log in info to access the membership site and you'll see a welcome video to help you get started. All the modules are listed in the left sidebar and you can scroll through these and access them at any time. The PDF guides and worksheets are found under each video and can be downloaded to your computer or phone. This is a self-paced program and you can begin immediately or pace yourself however you see fit.
Can I do this?
For 95% of you, the answer is yes. This program is not for those with injuries or chronic health issues, but for the vast majority, it works very well. The reason this program can and will work for you is because it's designed with the average busy dad in mind. You know, the dad with a full schedule of work, kids, relationship, house, mortgage, bills, and too little time...
The workouts are challenging but not extreme and there are beginner and intermediate programs, so regardless of where your current fitness level is, you can start right away. The diet is simple and basic and can be easily followed.
Each video module is designed to walk you through a critical component to getting and staying fit and I'm available to answer your questions at any time.
You'll also get access to a private Facebook community where you'll be held accountable by other dads going through this same program with you.
Why should I trust you?
This is a valid question and although I do my best to build relationships with everyone in this community, I understand not everyone will know me. I've been a certified personal trainer and fitness coach for almost two decades and have been running FitDadNation.com full-time for over 2 years now.
My passion is working with struggling dads who are desperate to get their health, fitness, energy, and lives back and this program has helped hundreds achieve those things and so much more. I also understand that my reputation will make or break my business and if I sold you a piece of shit, I wouldn't be around long.
So I have poured my heart into creating a program that (if followed), will have you looking and feeling better than you have in many years. And if you don't like the program, the workout, the diet, or even the color shirts I wear, I'll refund 100% of your money back.
You can find all the program details by visiting here and if you have any questions, please email me at steve<at>fitdadnation.com.
Now let's crush 2017!