Getting fit isn’t easy. It’s simple, but not easy. Anyone who tells you it is, is trying to sell you something.
We have more info and more resources at our disposal than at any other time in history yet we are getting fatter by the year. There are a ton of reasons why this is and I’ve shared them in other podcast shows, but today I want to talk about something different.
I’ve been in the fitness business for a long time and have seen a recurring theme with people’s fitness levels; they rise and fall constantly and it seems there is always a need to “be fitter”.
Yes, we all want to chase those last 10 pounds, those 6-pack abs, or that lean and tight body and it always seem to elude us. And when we DO get there, it’s only a matter of time (usually not very long) before it’s gone.
Here are 5 reasons why this happens:
1. You aren’t fully committed to change. We ALL want to look and feel great. Everyone on the planet does. But we aren’t because we find excuses that become more important than our commitments to our health.
2. You aren’t consistent with your training. The real “secret” to your success isn’t the p90x or the Keto Diet, it’s being consistent with healthy habits that yield results.
3. You’re eating the wrong foods or eating too much. This is a HUGE topic and an obvious one, but it’s still probably the single most important when it comes to losing weight.
4. You don’t believe you can change. Maybe it’s past failures, yo-yo diets that didn’t work, or even being part of a family that is overweight and you don’t think you can get fit. If you don’t honestly think you can have a fit and healthy body and life, you won’t.
5. You’re following random programs, jumping from diet to diet, or just throwing darts at a dartboard for your fitness plan. Sure, anything can work for a beginner but following Instagram influencers or YouTube stars programs isn’t usually the best way to plan your health.