It’s something we all want more of but always seem to be in short supply of. With our busy lives, commutes, and never-ending list of “to-do’s”, it’s not a surprise that we are seemingly always low on energy.
Add this to a diet high in processed foods and sugar coupled with a mostly sedentary lifestyle, and we’ve got a recipe for a crappy energy supply. The good news is that there are a ton of things we can do to improve it and I know because I spent well over a decade just barely getting by, struggling to make it out of bed in the morning, and always looking for a quick pick me up to get me through.
Here are 15 things I started doing that worked extremely well and that you can incorporate to skyrocket your own energy:
- Get out of bed early every day.
- Get into a good mood.
- Be consistent with exercise and strength training.
- Move as much as possible. Even a 10 minute walk will make a difference.
- Spend 15+ minutes in the sun and fresh air.
- Limit or avoid processed foods and sugar.
- Get inspired. Find your passion or a purpose.
- Avoid the couch magnet.
- Meditate or practice purposeful breathing exercises.
- Get 7-8 hours of quality sleep every night.
- Reduce your stress as much as possible.
- Listen to music that pumps you up!
- Take cold showers. There are a ton of benefits.
- Replace all your beverages with water. Aim for no less than 64 oz. daily.
- Don’t rely on caffeine, pre-workout supplements, and/or sugar for short-term energy spikes.