I see it all the time; guys who think they’re doing the “right” things for their fitness and body, but in actuality it’s hurting them.
Often times, it’s because there is just so much information out there, most of it conflicting, and it’s difficult to know if you’re on the right track or just falling victim to another fad or scam.
Billions of dollars each year are wasted this way and it infuriates me to no end. So today I’m going to share some common things that you might think are moving you towards your fitness goals, but in all reality are moving you further away from them.
- You’re eating healthy, but are overeating healthy foods. Frustrating I know, but it does happen often.
- Blowing out your calorie deficit by giving yourself a few “cheat” meals or days on the weekends because you’ve been eating clean all week.
- Believing all organic foods are healthy.
- Eating “diet” foods that are actually filed with fake ingredients, preservatives, and chemicals.
- Relying on “healthy” detoxes or cleanses.
- Adding butter and/or oil to drinks.
- Following fad diets that are making things worse for you in the long run.
- Eating too many protein bars/packaged “health” foods.
- Relying on flawed calorie counting methods.
- Following a training program for too long because it worked in the past.
- Focusing on cardio for weight loss instead of strength training.
- Following IIFYM thinking it doesn’t matter how much you eat as long as you hit your target macros.
This list could go on and on, but these are some of the most common issues I see.
Join the community where we cut through the bullshit and focus on getting one day better.